Oaths and Certification Solicitors London
We are Solicitors and are authorized to administer Oaths and Statutory Declarations and Certify any document and we can be a Witness Signature to any document.
PLEASE DO NOT EVER SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS BY EMAIL. Bring your document with you.
The fixed cost is £20 for EACH & EVERY document signed and stamped. Appointment takes 5 minutes. Your document MUST be fully completed by you BEFORE you attend but DO NOT sign it.
We do NOT accept debit or credit card for this Service. Cash or cheque only.
YOU MUST SIGN THE DECLARATION OR OATH IN FRONT OF THE SOLICITOR. DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU SEE THE SOLICITOR.
APPOINTMENTS CAN BE GIVEN ONLY ON;
Directions to the office – view here
The nearest stations to our office are Fenchurch Street, Tower Hill, or Bank station and our building is next door to the main entrance of Fenchurch Street station.
Before your appointment - please note
- Your document must be ready and your photographic ID with you. Photocopies are charged at £1 per copy.
- Please ensure you have carefully read and understood the document you are signing.
- The solicitor cannot provide any legal advice or offer any opinion in relation to the document you are signing.
- The solicitors will only administer the oath, statutory declaration or certify your document. No advice will be given.
- If you have an ID1 to be certified, the charge is £90 and takes 15 minutes. Please bring a UK passport or UK driving licence, current year council tax bill, a recent bank statement with a debit card and two passport size photographs.
The Oaths and Certifications solicitors at Anglo Law can act as Commissioners for Oaths in assisting you with swearing affidavits, oaths and statutory declarations. We can also prepare statutory declarations as well as other services including the preparation of change of name deeds for those wishing to change their name or in situations where there are discrepancies on your birth certificate or passport.
For these matters, we offer a same day service and lunchtime or after work appointments so that it is convenient with your working day and does not eat up too much of your precious time. Our fees are fixed and kept low for a quick, hassle-free and convenient service.
Our lawyers have a combined total of over 35 years of experience and provide fast, reliable, affordable legal advice for clients throughout Central and East London and Essex. We offer free consultations and transparent fixed-fee pricing wherever possible.
When will I need an oaths and certification solicitor?
There are many scenarios whereby documents need to be certified so that their authenticity is confirmed. Examples include documents will be sent to an organisation or solicitor as part of ongoing transactions and court proceedings, or when an affidavit requires to be authenticated or countersigned by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
What are the procedures for oaths and certifications?
In circumstances where an oath must be sworn, for example by an executor as part of the probate process, the person will be required to sign a document with a solicitor present and swear or affirm that the information contained within it is accurate.
When a document requires certification, for example when someone has to prove his or her identity to a third party such as another solicitor or a government department, he or she can attend an appointment with a solicitor with original copies of supporting documents such as a passport or utility bill. The solicitor will then certify that these supporting documents are genuine and can be relied upon to prove the person's identity.
Some of the documents that can be witnessed, sworn and certified include the following:
- Passports Certified
- Proof of addresses such as bank and credit card statements produced with the corresponding bank card
- Utilities and council tax statements
- Powers of Attorney's
- Proof of identity when marrying abroad
- Land Registry ID1 forms
- All Land Registry forms requiring a witness signature
- Statutory Declarations where sections 24-28 of the LTA 1954 are not to apply to a business tenancy
- Mortgage Deeds
- Statutory Declarations of Solvency
- Transfer of Equity forms
- Settlement Agreements
- All Statutory Declarations
- All Deeds
- Insurance forms and documents
- Immigration forms and documents
- Pension forms
- Letters from governmental departments
- Letters from a hospital or docutor
- University, college and school forms and documents to assist with enrolement and finance
- Statements to prove Marital status / Separated status / single parent status for student loan applications.
If your document is not noted here, then please do not worry we can still help, just give us a call on 0204 741 9583 OR EMAIL US and we will be happy to assist you and give you a fixed fee:
Powers of Attorney
A power of attorney is a legal document which gives another person the ability to make decisions on your behalf if you are no longer able to or no longer wish to make these decisions yourself. This might be as a result of illness or because you have suffered an accident and can be put in place for a temporary period or on a permanent basis. In setting up a power of attorney, there is a requirement that a certificate provider signs the document to confirm that you have understood the effect of the power of attorney and that you have not been pressurised into setting it up. Our oaths and certification solicitors can perform this role, confirming that you have the capacity to make this choice and ensuring that your power of attorney will have legal effect if and when you need it.
Contact our Oaths and Certifications Solicitors in London
We are a team of friendly and approachable solicitors, always on hand to discuss your business with us and to answer any questions you may have. We offer 24-hour updates to keep you fully informed regarding any updates in your case as well as flexible evening and weekend appointment to suit you.
How to get in contact
Anglo Law Solicitors service clients across the following areas:
LONDON AREAS- City of London, Aldgate, Tower Hamlets, Spitalfields, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Southwark, Bishopsgate, Canary Wharf, Islington & Highbury, Angel, Belsize Park, Hampstead, Swiss Cottage, Finchley.
ESSEX- Chigwell, Hainult, Woodford, Epping, Chafford Hundred, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Upminster, Grays.
KENT- Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, West Malling, Maidstone, Sevenoaks.